🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My building stages

Started by
1 comment, last by Pleistorm 8 years, 3 months ago

Hi!

One of my game graphics which is old (the finished stage) but I had to make its stages. I lost somewhere the original file or just cant find it because of many variations. What I found didnt fit, the render settings are different and made most of the stuff combining existing renderend images and few new renders.

Do you think I could add or change something?

gallery_134494_1042_62083.jpg

Advertisement

One of my game graphics which is old (the finished stage) but I had to make its stages. I lost somewhere the original file or just cant find it because of many variations. What I found didnt fit, the render settings are different and made most of the stuff combining existing renderend images and few new renders.

Looks good, can't notice it.

Don't fret over these kind of things, a game takes a lot of art, if you worry about everything you will never finish.

Consider how important a part is to the game and divide your time amongst them. If you don't have a deadline give yourself one, a artist with no deadline is just procrastinating.

Do you think I could add or change something?

Shadow where it touching the ground, at the moment it blends to smooth.

You can just copy the image, turn it black, blur it and move it down one or two pixels.

Yeah, you are right, I am spending a lot oftime in many details, but it is inevitable now... Most of the graphics are done but many of them were build long time ago and look a bit out of charmony.

The deadline... I cant reach it many times... Starting so big and complicated RTS is a too big spoon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement