🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MSE warning

Started by
1 comment, last by Waterlimon 8 years, 3 months ago

Just a note, I got a warning from MSE when entering the second page of the "Bomb in Brussels Airport" thread in the lounge. Might be some ad server again.

This URL was given as source:

nswerdonwaehlerisch.h2data.co.uk

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Advertisement

Another one in the lounge, seems to be ad related. This time the URL was

muistotaulujamaurras.nightlifesurvivalguide.com

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

muistotaulujamaurras

Good grief, what do people who invent such host names smoke? Is that cat-on-keyboard? :lol:

Good grief, what do people who invent such host names smoke?

Looks like finnish, except it makes no sense... Maybe they built a markov chain to produce text that looks like a particular language? :huh:

o3o

Looks like finnish, except it makes no sense...

That's funny. My first thought on the other hostname ("nswerdonwaehlerisch") was exactly that, it kinda looks like German mixed with gibberish. Or something.

"Wählerisch" (= finicky) immediately strikes me as a word, and Werdon seems to be an anglosaxon surname. So... "Nathan S. Werdon is finicky"? Or maybe Norbert S. Werdon?

Hmm... Nathan even seems to exist, Australian guy doing Siemens home automation stuff...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement