🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2D cyberpunk game concept

Started by
3 comments, last by Kris Dangsurisri 8 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I just want to show you guys my early concept of the game I am doing. It is very much like Shadow Run. There will be no main story or anything. You go to different areas, get different types of job, complete them, earn money, spend the money to modify your body and buy better weapons and equipment, getting harder jobs. I am trying to design the combat scene to make it different and have something to do more than just input commands (fight, defend, use item).

But all those could be just a dream. Because I am an artist and totally have no programming knowledge. My friend who does the coding has been very busy with his day job (couldn't blame him for that. I own a business, so I have more free time). So if anyone finds this concept interesting and want to join, I am open. Let's discuss. There are few key concepts that I really want this game to be.

- Cyberpunk, retro-futuristic and dystopia atmosphere (like many crappy movies during 80s-90s)
- Full of cyborgs

- Able to destroy body parts

- It will be 2D pixel art game.

If you were born during 80s, you know what Cyberpunk is.

fs.jpg

PS. I did most of the graphic in the picture, except the background. I took it from internet, just for concept design.

Advertisement

Looks really good. I actually like what I think is the fight system in your concept. I guess that part of the window on the bottom means you can pick your "path" through the fight?

About the programming part: don't give up. Either you find a guy that can team with you, or if you really want and have the patience, learn the basics yourself, just enough to program a bare bones game yourself.

I am on the other end of the spectrum, being a professional programmer with some artistic talent that had to learn how to create 2D and 3D art just so I got anywhere with my game projects. Took me years, but by now I am half competent at art, enough for my use.

Thank you, Gian-Reto. You understand it right. The lower part of the screen works like you think. And thank you for the suggestion. Any languages recommend for mobile game coding? I am considering Visual Basic. But some people said it is old and dying language.

Any languages recommend for mobile game coding? I am considering Visual Basic. But some people said it is old and dying language.

This is the Visual Arts forum. If you want advice on what language to use in
programming your game, please post
such requests in the For Beginners forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

So sorry, moderator. I will re-post again in the right forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement