🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Replying to an old announcement thread

Started by
5 comments, last by Thaumaturge 8 years, 1 month ago

I have a thread in the "Your Announcements" sub-forum. I've left it somewhat fallow since the first post, largely, I think, because I didn't feel that my posts between here and that first post were really worth linking to each week. Today, however, I have an update that I do want to post. I dug up my thread--and discovered that it has apparently been more than sixty days, and thus I'm not allowed to post replies.

In all fairness, I was aware of the "sixty-day limit", but I don't think that I had made the connection between that and my thread having lain idle, whether because it hadn't occurred to me that it had been that long or because I wouldn't have expected the rule to apply to announcement threads.

So... what should I do? I imagine that I shouldn't just ignore the rule (although it does look as though a bug in the forum software might allow me to do so). Conversely, it seems odd to me to create a new thread of this sort--a second announcement, so to speak. That said, the feeling of oddness might come from being more familiar with forums in which thread-necromancy is more kindly looked upon.

One away or another, my thanks for advice given. ^_^

For reference, the thread in question should be here.

(Having now encountered this issue, I do intend to post more often in whatever thread I end up using. ^^; )

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

I'm not familiar with the 60 day rule you're referring to for YA? I don't see any reason you couldn't post in your original thread.

I'm not familiar with the 60 day rule you're referring to for YA? I don't see any reason you couldn't post in your original thread.

Maybe you are allowed as a moderator?

If I go to the thread, it says: "Olof Hedman, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic."

Like it does on any old thread on gamedev for us mortals.

Ah, you're hitting the site-wide attempt at preventing post necromancy (which is mostly broken since we still get necro posts). I posted in the linked thread and then deleted it, so I think that will remove that restriction.

I'm still seeing the warning on my end (although I did get a notification about your post). However, reading between the lines and given the aforementioned bug, I'll take it that resurrecting the thread is acceptable and so post my update.

Thank you very much for your responses, both of you! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Maybe I need to delete my post until after you've posted in the thread? I'll try that again.

That does seem to have removed the warning--thank you. ^_^

I'm about to compose a post there, I intend, so we'll see what happens when you remove your post after I've posted mine...

[edit] And it's done. The post should be visible here [/edit]

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement