🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GDNet interesting topics tab.

Started by
1 comment, last by ongamex92 8 years ago

Hi guys!

I love this site(thanks for spending you time on it!), however I really hate the "interesting topics" tab, I personally they are 99% of the times not interesting at least to me. What I would love it to be able to pick, lets say 3 forums and be able to the new/hot (I prefer new) topics on that forum + what we currently have (but fewer topics in it).

I really cant manage more than 5 opened tabs, and GDNet alone takes more than 5 in my case.

Best regards,

Me :)

Advertisement

The forum software (IP.board) has a way to do some of that. Not exactly that, but enough to make it easier to check what you care about.

Subscribe to the forums you are interested in. (You are automatically subscribed if you reply to a topic in the forum, you can also click a link at the top of the sub-forum's page.) Then go through the menus to Watched Content | Forums. Forums with new content you haven't seen will show up with different colors and images than those you've read. From there, open the individual areas of the site in a new tab with middle-click.

Thanks for the suggestion!

however those e-mails are not going to be relevant forever, I wont care for those emails once I've read them, and if I do that I would have to do a manual clean up(I can filter them I guess, but still, it is a bit inconvenient).

I'm kind of imagining something like a news site homepage, with personalized stories.

Thanks again, I will give the e-mail thing a try!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement