🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking For A Games Producer (Hobbyist Project)

Started by
3 comments, last by bendabee 7 years, 10 months ago

Hello!

I’m António and I'm the team lead and Game Designer of Black Helga - a collaborative and hobbyist group of people spread through mainly the US and Europe. We’re working on our first title, codenamed “Trickshot” and we're looking for a skilled Producer to join our team.

THE PROJECT:
Trickshot is a 2D action-adventure game with strong puzzle, platformer and stealth elements. It tells the tale of Addëin, a young girl gifted with magical powers. It's a game about experimentation. It focuses on Addy's unconventional abilities and her playfulness, creating crazy solutions to the problems she will face.
Our goal is to develop a single level demo / vertical slice of the game. Something concrete, fun and that shows depth. Something we can share, gather feedback, impressions and then study the possibilities to make it into a full game. To sum it up - for now, this is just us, investing on this idea, and hopefully we can later move this onto being a paid gig.

We’re looking for a Producer, a self-starter who helps drive the project, coordinating with all departments to ensure we are meeting our deadlines, that we are following our vision and working to make an astonishing game!

You will be the center of communication for the whole team, organizing our activity, schedules, deadlines and keeping track of things, creating and maintaining checklists.

Ideally, we’re looking for someone with experience in Production/ Project Management (possibly in games). A great communicator, that is active, passionate and driven.

We value communication, integrity and willingness to learn, and we’re looking for those that share our values. Someone that if we lived in the same area we could meetup at a coffee place and chat about the project, our goals, ideas and stories.
So, are you driven? Organized? Proactive? Eager to team up? Then contact us at blackhelga.games@gmail.com , including [Producer] + [Your name] in the subject line.

Introduce yourself, tell us about your experiences, what want out of all this, and show us some samples of your work.
(Even if you don’t quite fit any of these roles but are still interested, don’t hesitate to say hello!)

Thanks much,
António Duarte Silva

(Here are some samples of what our team has been working on)

01_addy_sketch.jpg 02_ability_sprout.jpg 03_scene_temple.jpg
Advertisement

You should define how many people are on the team, and their skills, so the producer can get a sense of the # of communication channels they will be managing.

Also how long you think it will take?

From the way you phrased it, you guys are not a register company yet. That will mean schedules will be highly fluid and variable.

Trying to get volunteers to to produce on a schedule is hard, since you likely only have carrots, no sticks.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

You are right. I have not disclosed that sort of information. My goal with this advert was to "pitch the game" to people, and when interested people reply they get a more ample scope of the project and the team.

Most projects do talk about that, and I myself have in the past when posting for other projects and/or positions, but not having that info laid out allows me to ascertain what sort of people I'm dealing with when they contact us, if they have had experience with these sorts of project, if they understand what components a team has, etc.

I don't believe that not being registered is synonymous of what you said. I would consider the "hobbyist" headline a stronger indicative that people are expected to work in a consistent manner, so that deadlines and schedules can be made and reached, but in a comfortable manner that allows team members to balance their own personal work and their involvement in the team.

Lastly, I completely agree with you (and we've experienced that). It's hard to have people working to the beat of the drum if they have more pressing things to work on, or if they don't feel that driven to compromise so much of their own time, but then again - that varies from person to person. We, as a team - and under these conditions, can only work if people all have the same level of motivation, are driven and professional. Motivation may fluctuate and vary throughout the project, and i think that's a bit unavoidable, but I believe that as a team (and specially if you're leading the team and/or managing it) it should be your aim to always help keep morale up by producing quality content. I believe that ends up being your "stick".

Hey I'm Kenneth. I sent you an email.

Reverie.sakana@gmail.com.

I'm interested in making some complex 2D stuff to start off, but need more education for more complex stuff.

Hiya Kenneth,

I replied back if I'm not mistaken ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement