🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Hobby] Looking For Several C++ Programmers

Started by
2 comments, last by mlavik1 7 years, 10 months ago

Hello. I am CS student from Poland, developing (or rather, trying to) a basic 3d engine sufficient to host a game then. I started 2 weeks ago, got to a point where I can do quite some stuff, but the end is still faaar away :)

I am looking for one or two more programmers to implement features, review the code, discuss the design, and generally - pursue the goal. The progress in a tiny, organised group grows exponentially fast :) I expect solid OO programming, design patterns and C++11 knowledge.

I am more than fully aware of how big such project is (I can imagine the design, the enormous ammount of components) but I still want to give it a shot.

I've got youtube channel where I've been uploading the progress past 2 weeks. That's what i got so far:

If you are interested, ask me anything on PM.

Greetz

Advertisement

Hi,

My name is Alex. I'm also very interested in developing a 3d engine and I'm looking for people with similar interest. I mostly program in C++ as well. Here is my brief background.

I just recently graduated from university in computer engineering. That said, I have knowledge in both the hardware and software. I'm currently working as a software developer full time, so I can only contribute in nights and weekends. I don't really have a portfolio because all of projects I have done worth mentioning are school projects. I'm good with working in teams. I have developed operating system and CPU from scratch.

I'm super interested in game development and hope one day I can be in a great team working together to create great games. My email is tx09y14@gmail.com. If you are interested, please shoot me an email.

Alex

Hi,

I'm still inexperienced programmer. My dream is to be a game dev and I want to start and teach myself with some people like me as a habby and who knows it may grow. I'm currently int university and have a work with C# web development but I will give my spare time for this hobby. :)

You can contact me at capitane@abv.bg

Hristo

Hi!

I'd also be very interested in joining you.

Game programming, and especially game engine development, is my favourite area.

I'm not very experienced, but I have made a simple (incomplete!) 3D game engine:

source code: https://github.com/mlavik1/SillyTech3D

screenshot: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTx01csXIAAproG.png

I'd like to start over again from scratch, but would prefer to do so in a team with other programmers. I think we could all learn a bit from each others, and planning the design in such a big project is easier if we are more people. I remember getting a lot of headache when I tried to do it all alone.

I don't reapply have a protfolio, but here is my programming blog: https://matiaslavik.wordpress.com/
Feel free to contact me: mlavik123@yahoo.com (same ID on Skype as well).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement