🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Virtual Reality Game Looking For Musician, Writer, And Game Designer

Started by
11 comments, last by SillyCow 7 years, 8 months ago

Hi,

We are creating a virtual Reality Game biking game for Google Cardboard and Google Daydream. The game should playout like riding through an obsticle course on your bike, where the obsticles are cars, people, and other stuff that gets in your way.

Currently the team consists of

Me - Programmer

Tomas - 3D Modeler

You can see a very early gameplay prototype of our game here. Keep in mind that these are only placeholder visuals, Tomas is going to make this look much nicer.

8e8594df5e.jpg

The game-feeI that we are going for is Nintendo-ish. That means bright colourful graphics, and melodic music.

I know nothing about making music, so we need a musician. The requirements are pretty clear :-)

We also want to involve a game designer. The last game that we made felt like it needed more story and more design. As we are going for the Arcade/Nintendo feel, the story will have to be conveyed via gameplay and level design, not via reading text. I think in the spirit of arcade, the story should be "pulpy & trashy" and over the top. ex: Aliens, Dinausors, & Maybe dinosaur aliens? :-). Bosses, bonuses, and the whole shebang!

Why should you join the team?

I offer no compensation, we are making this game as a hobby. I have a regular 9-5 job so money is not a goal.

However, I guarantee this will be a finished game. Through rigorous descoping (keeping it small and simple), and iterative development I guarantee that this project will be finished (Unless I get eaten by a dinosaur from outer space) . As such you can look forward to having this game on your portfolio to show to your friends and future employers. I have released 2 hobby android games in the past, and this will be the 3rd so you can count on the game getting finished.

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

Advertisement

Added prototype picture to give a better idea.

I love making music for games for fun.

More about me here... cjbmusic.co.uk

I did the music and sounds for https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littleleds.kickitupsoccerbrazil on a similar GameDev project.

Have always wanted to make music for a VR game too.

I love making music for games for fun.

More about me here... cjbmusic.co.uk

I did the music and sounds for https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littleleds.kickitupsoccerbrazil on a similar GameDev project.

Have always wanted to make music for a VR game too.

Sounds good

If you're looking for a designer I'm down to help out any way I can.

I'm a composer and I made this song, my arrangement, mixing and mastering skills are a little behind as I'm still studying but if you would like me to write you a score I would love to. Maybe myself and another audio related person could collaborate?

I'm also a Audio Engineer. I can mix/Master if your looking for someone like me send a email. Taje718@gmail.com

I'm also a Audio Engineer. I can mix/Master if your looking for someone like me send a email. Taje718@gmail.com

Sent you an email, let's discuss further...

Composer here, I can do whatever you want with high quality sounds. If you are still looking for some audio shoot me an e-mail. cjwinkler0@gmail.com

I am interested in helping with writing and design if you still need help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement