🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ads of opportunity

Started by
0 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 9 months ago

I'm wondering. Is there anyway to get GDN ads to show Steam discounts ads or Humble Bundle a bit more frequently? I would have missed the HB for Gamemaker if another user didn't mention it in the FB thread. I don't know what revenue-sharing hurdles you'd have to get over, but at least for me, I'd be more apt to click on an ad for legit, cheap, quality software. Especially since I have GDN whitelisted.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

I wholeheartedly agree with the idea, and it's on the list for "Better GameDev.net ads".

Unfortunately Steam doesn't have an affiliate ad program. However, we're looking at non-Steam alternatives to show more game-related ads. As a Steam user myself this isn't ideal, but it falls in the area of "better".

Actually already looking at the HB partner program, so "yes".

The ideal world is getting developers to advertise their games with us. We can give a very competitive, preferred rate to indie developers (hint, hint). Or, they can use GDNet+ and post the ads themselves.

We have some upcoming announcements in the coming months that may help with this too.

Also, glad the FB post we put out helped you find the GameMaker deal. Even though we didn't get a referral on that, it's our intent to make sure you know about great deals. :)

We also have some upcoming announcements in the coming months that may help with this too.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement