🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Editor, quotes

Started by
10 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 8 months ago

Am I the only one for whom the quote function has stopped working?

I can't even paste into the editor anymore.

What's changed?

Advertisement

Quote works for me still. I did have an issue last night where it wasn't working. But closed out the page and got back in and it worked fine.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

What's changed?

There was a set up updates to the base forum functionality, and IP.Board ended up incompatible with the old quote system. I don't know more about why or how, only that it happened.

The Staff (people with green names) found a forum tool that replicates the functionality but is a little more difficult to use. Sadly it is the best one out there for IP.Board at present.

The quoting script requires JavaScript to work, so if you've got a script disabler (most people do) you'll need to make sure you've got it set to allow the script to run.

Highlight text in a post, hover over it, and a small set of buttons will float over the text. The buttons are "Quote" to copy the quote, "Mention" to copy the person's name, and "X" to close the buttons.

I can't even paste into the editor anymore.

That one seems new.

What browser? How wide is your window? If you are blocking scripts, are the scripts for the site enabled?

There are some known issues with the IP.Board text editor not working on narrow windows, and since it is JavaScript driven having scripts disabled or partially blocked can have some issues.

Aside from the quote highlighter mentioned by frob, no other changes have been put in for forum editing. Recommend double checking browser settings.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Sidenote: (I'm just retyping the quotes here.)

What browser?

i.e. 11

How wide is your window?

If you are blocking scripts, are the scripts for the site enabled?

I haven't disabled anything since I was last here a few months ago.

... text editor not working on narrow windows...

True, the toolbar disappears if I resize the window.

highlight some text and the 'Quote' and 'mention' button appears and you can click on it to quote

Do you see this when you highlight? [attachment=33359:Untitled.jpg]

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Yeah, I get {

[@Mention] [X]} mouseover. When I click "quote" It sends me to the editor but nothing appears.

I think my internet security is blocking the script.

Speaking of quoting, when I go to this page: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/680487-trump-is-the-republican-candidate-now-what/page-21#entry5313261 , the horizontal scrollbar appears. There's nothing that I can do that would make it do that. I even put a YT link in a spoiler just to make sure. Am I the only one having this problem? Firefox 49.0.1 on Win 7.

EDIT: I found the problem. @[member=conquestor3] post has an abnormally long link that doesn't word-wrap. Here - http://www.gamedev.net/topic/680487-trump-is-the-republican-candidate-now-what/?view=findpost&p=5313219

Fixed, I think.

Fixed, I think.

Muchas gracias, Señor Mod.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement