🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Implementation Tips

Started by
3 comments, last by Kylotan 7 years, 6 months ago

Hi,

I need Your help. I am a composer and sound designer but i just begin to learn about implementation techniques. I must figure out how to make church pipe organ loop to a game where You can press a button and hear this sound constantly while pressing.

-Sending just a loop to a programmer will be enough?

- Is there a better way to do this? Using FMOD for example?

I think after releasing key, there should be some reverb .

Sorry, i just begin in game dev :)

Advertisement

There is different ways to do stuff with different tools and platforms but basically:

- There will be a call in the game code to tell that the player is pressing the button on the organ.

- Then depending on the coding platform you can write a line of a code or implement straight in with the audio tools (for example Unity) or you can use a 3rd party program (FMOD, Wwise, etc) to answer to the call with looping your sound file.

- Reverbs can be added very easily in the 3rd party programs but otherwise it depends on the audio tools.

If you're new, try to take the audio file to the programmer and ask him/her to show you how it's done in the plarform they're using.

Thx Kasu, I know that developer is using unreal engine and want me to use FMOD

I made it with FMOD studio:

-First i made organ loop

-Then i made loop end

In Fmod i used parametr that change from loop to loop end

Hi again,

I am looking a way to implement audio event from fmod to unity. It's 3 sounds "background music"; "correct answer music"; "wrong answer music"

There's a paramter that skips from one to another. I cant find any tutorial how to use it in unity engine. BTW i am not a programmer but i want to help one from my team :)

Unity's audio system is not a direct parallel of FMOD so you can't just set something up in FMOD and expect to use it directly in Unity. Either the Unity game needs to work with FMOD sounds via the FMOD integration (e.g. http://www.fmod.org/63334-2/) or the sound needs setting up in whatever way the Unity game in question requires (which is a decision for the programmer).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement