🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why no Liero remake?

Started by
1 comment, last by DvDmanDT 7 years, 9 months ago

I wont do this, but why didnt anyone do it so far?

Liero was a simple yet VERY fun game to play with friends. A modern version with better graphics, effects and maybe more polished weapons selection while retaining most of the original gameplay would make a lot of sence.

So why do you think this hasnt been implemented? Design-wise its a splendid game.

Advertisement

No-one has gotten around to it yet?

Worms-type turn based games is fun, I don't doubt it is fun in realtime too.

I wont do this, but why didnt anyone do it so far?

Liero was a simple yet VERY fun game to play with friends. A modern version with better graphics, effects and maybe more polished weapons selection while retaining most of the original gameplay would make a lot of sence.

So why do you think this hasnt been implemented? Design-wise its a splendid game.

Umm. Gusanos? LieroAI aka LieroSDL? There was a game with squirels, same concept (WarKurre or something). LieroXtreme, NiL, YALC, .. There was one with pretty good graphics and stuff, but that was rather unpopular with the Liero community since the jump was animated and not instantaneus.. NiM2 I think. There was a VB game called something like Nex7+. Soldat was popular with the community and IIRC developed by a member of the Liero community. A friend of mine made an Android version for some school project.

There has been tons of them, it's just that the genre isn't that popular. Local multiplayer is pretty much for consoles only these days, and Liero type games are very difficult to sync over network due to large amounts of objects and large butterfly effect type problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement