🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wanna Learn How to Make Music for my Hobby Game projects

Started by
-1 comments, last by dleanjeanz 7 years, 9 months ago

I can already code and do some vector art.

And I wanna learn how to make music too cause I know a guy who can code, do art and music on his own.

So I asked him how he got started and his advice is basically "Just do it" "and learn some music theory".

After that I got FL Studio Mobile on my phone and made my first song following this tutorial.

It was meh but hey, it's my first song and I need to learn.

I can't really find many articles and resources particularly on making music for video games.

It would be great if you can share some articles you know. Thanks!

Note:

I wanna make fun music, like for fun action games

I don't wanna go professional really (most articles I found seem to be for people wanting to be professional and going into the industry)

Also I've also found these beside the tutorial mentioned earlier:

How To Write Music For Video Games (don't really understand this, maybe I need to learn some music theory)

The 5 Stages of an Electronic Music Producer (and How to Progress Effectively Through Them) (does this applied to video game music producer too?)

Youtube: How to Make Video Game Music For Beginners! ( Walkthrough ) (not my genre)

Twitter: [twitter]DleanJeans[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement