🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

/* GDNet+ Pro */

Started by
22 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 7 months ago

Typically you'd want to use Topic Moderation to hide your topic though.

Yes, but the "Show moderation tools" (with a cogwheel symbol) sounds like it should toggle whether the "Topic Moderation" button is visible or not?

Alternatively, if it were always hidden/disabled, and always display the "Topic Moderation" button?

But maybe the above is moot once it's fixed on desktop.

And yes, I'm on desktop :)

Windows 10, Chrome.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

You're probably right there.. it's been that way for so long from the "moderator" permission side that I didn't think that "Show moderation tools" is supposed to hide the "Topic Moderation" (and other tools) until you click it. Funny.

Ok, so if that's the case it's not a big deal to get fixed. Just some additional screen real estate until it's addressed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Yes, upgrades should work fine (I hope ).

Just tried this (not all the way through to payment).

I put the GDNet+ Standard in the shopping basket, and went to checkout.

The price listed (for yearly) was $64.99.

Basically, I had expected ~$25.00.

Logic I'm following:

I have a running GDNet+ Basic subscription (cost = $39.99).

I want to upgrade to GDNet+ Standard subscription (cost = $64.99).

What I should pay for upgrading = $64.99 - $39.99 = $25.00.

(This ignores the fact that the subscription I have is probably mid-way through or something, but it shows the logic I'm following).

---

Another bug:

http://www.gamedev.net/page/subscribe/index.html

I selected Yearly.

Then I selected Sign up on one of the items.

Then I hit back in the browser.

Result: Yearly is still selected, but the prices are for monthly.

Would expect either Yearly to be selected and prices to reflect yearly prices, OR monthly to be selected and prices to reflect monthly (first option of Yearly + Yearly probably what I would expect the most out of the two options).

The upgrade should work as you expect as the store is setup to properly charge for upgrades - charge only the difference. Obviously the price not reflecting that is an issue. The store is configured properly, but I'll have to see what I can do in the store itself to display based on your current membership.

Nice find on the subscribe page. That's a little more feasible to address in the near term.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Ok, so I tried going through the motions until I got to PayPal.

PayPal also says it'll cost me $64.99 to buy the subscription. This might be part of the same issue with the price just not being reflected properly, but it obviously leaves me very hesitant on actually going through with the transaction.

Another bug:

After going to Check Out, I'm now at Step 1 (Confirm & Pay).

Next to Billing Information, there's a "Change?" button/link.

Selecting it takes me to a page named "Billing Information", but it's blank -- all I can choose is either "Continue" (brings me back to Step 1 (Confirm & Pay), or Cancel (brings me to the store page, and empties my shopping cart).

Note that when clicking Cancel I had also expected to be put back to the Step 1 (Confirm & Pay) page -- I expect the cancel to be "cancel the edit of billing information", not "cancel the check out of your current shopping cart".

Yeah, understood. Definitely a problem I'll be looking into. Since it's stock software that I'm unfamiliar with it'll take a little time to figure out. Seems like you're finding several bugs in the Store software that have always been around but were latent since we weren't using it for more than the basics.

Of course, if you do want the upgrade I'll make sure we get it resolved on the payment side.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Nice, slightly off topic but are the ad impressions one off or monthly?

I'm interested...

Nice, slightly off topic but are the ad impressions one off or monthly?

I'll say monthly-ish. Better term would be "per buy", but that could mean a lot less than a month or slightly more than a month depending on available ad inventory. The target will be per month - the only situation where it may be longer is if inventory gets low. Most likely it'll be less than a month. It'll take a lot for us to run out of inventory, but if it does we'll be communicating that to everyone.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Next to Billing Information, there's a "Change?" button/link. Selecting it takes me to a page named "Billing Information", but it's blank -- all I can choose is either "Continue" (brings me back to Step 1 (Confirm & Pay), or Cancel (brings me to the store page, and empties my shopping cart).

Any update on this? The current details on file for me are incorrect. Moreover I don't see an option for paying by card or paypal. It just simply lists a billing address (which is no longer correct).

Next to Billing Information, there's a "Change?" button/link. Selecting it takes me to a page named "Billing Information", but it's blank -- all I can choose is either "Continue" (brings me back to Step 1 (Confirm & Pay), or Cancel (brings me to the store page, and empties my shopping cart).

Any update on this? The current details on file for me are incorrect. Moreover I don't see an option for paying by card or paypal. It just simply lists a billing address (which is no longer correct).

Working on this. Apparently a bit of a problem in the "store" software has been exposed in all this. I wish it was sooner, but I'm targeting Monday for a fix. I'll keep this thread updated. Apologies for the issues.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement