🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

/* GDNet+ Pro */

Started by
22 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 7 months ago

Digging into this more.. our software has problems (a lot), and it's going to cost more money than we can spend to fix it.

So, unfortunately upgrades are going to require a little manual work. I'll create a page for this, but basically:

1. Cancel your current subscription.

2. Sign up with the new subscription you want.

3. We'll refund you the current subscription.

I wish this was easier and didn't expect this to be an issue. The software is supposed to support this natively, but obviously that's not the case.

There is a similar problem with renewals right now because the system isn't tying into Paypal's subscription services properly - those are also going to have to be refunded and reset.

Fun! :)

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

Cancelling my basic subscription in PayPal actually refunded a portion of the subscription cost. Did you manage to fix that or did others try to cancel through the client area in GDNet?

Cancelling my basic subscription in PayPal actually refunded a portion of the subscription cost. Did you manage to fix that or did others try to cancel through the client area in GDNet?

Actually I did that manually, as promised. :)

Digging into the system more it became obvious that this wasn't going to get fixed without a software upgrade (another set of problems), so we'll handle them on a case by case basis.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Were you that fast or are you able to flag for refund or something :ph34r:? Like right after I cancelled it I saw I got a refund :blink:.

Were you that fast or are you able to flag for refund or something :ph34r:? Like right after I cancelled it I saw I got a refund :blink:.

I think we had good timing. I noticed you didn't get a refund right away, and generally as soon as I see something like that I'll take care of it. Modern mobile devices are amazing.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement