🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Post symbols (unread, particpated in, etc.) not showing

Started by
10 comments, last by Alberth 7 years, 5 months ago

The blue dot/star that used to be on the left side of a forum thread is no longer there.

Not visible, and no clickable area as far as I could tell.

Desktop (Windows 10, Chrome).

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

Back again.

Invisble for me, Linux, Firefox 50.1.0 desktop

(enabled sites: gamedev.net, googleapis.com, fontawesome.com: this used to be enough)

Dissapeared for me in chrome on android, looks like all the symbol fonts like fontawesome have stopped loading, I don't see the newspaper icon for example next to "subscriptions".

I don't have an explanation since these are sourced from fontawesome's CDN. I also see them fine - are they working now?

Admin for GameDev.net.

No

Is it possible the cdn's ssl is invalid or expired?

I would try and help debug but I can't really see anything useful from my phone, sorry :(

Still showing for me. Anything I can do in order to provide more information?

Maybe, but I just checked the reports and they are showing valid icons from FontAwesome. cdn.fontawesome.com and use.fontawesome.com are the two from FA. Also there's a few other domains that provide functionality outside of ads.. mathjax.org, rawgit.com, gamedev.market, gstatic.com to name a few.

Some of this will be addressed when we upgrade, but for now I don't have an explanation for FA icons not working. The only change in the last few days that might affect FA is our switch to https (the only real change that might impact this), but we always used their https url when FA came online a month ago so that wouldn't make much sense.

This is something I'd have to spend more time on to figure out, but I'd rather use that time on the upgrade which will ultimately eliminate all these one-off quirks with our current platform.

Maybe something I just thought of.. consider clearing your cache. We *did* make changes to caching that might affect some users/browsers.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Could be a caching issue, it appears fine on this different phone, same browser version...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement