🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 2.31.2: Build errors with VS2008

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 7 years, 5 months ago

Hi,

I've been using AngelScript successfully up to now (until 2.31.1) with VS2008 and the solution file in msvc9 directory. My app is MFC based so I always need to change the standard windows library usage to MFC usage - no issues up to now.

But with AngelScript 2.31.2 I get the following compiler error:

"stdint.h": No such file or directory

After some while of searching the web I found a lot of statements that VS2008 does not come with stdint.h. I also tried to use the include files from the msinttypes project (https://code.google.com/archive/p/msinttypes/) but without success: Other errors occur then with respect to some not found definition UINT64_MAX.

Is there any quick solution or hint you can provide?

Otherwise I will have to dig deeper into the problem I suppose...

Edit: The project now builds (win32 Debug and Release) after adding __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS to the preprocessor macros. This leads to definition of UINT64_MAX in stdint.h obtained from the msinttypes project page. I added the header files (stdint.h and inttypes.h) to the compiler's include directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include in my case).

Many thanks!

Thomas

Advertisement

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I think I'll just define my own constant for UINT64_MAX to avoid this problem in the future.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement