🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Minecraft meets Wild West in RPG FPS world

Started by
6 comments, last by Jax Soder 7 years, 4 months ago

Hello,

I'm an experienced GameDev with 2 released titles under my belt. I've not yet ventured into the 3D realm and would like to put together a small but dedicated team to make a single-player 3D Wild West prospecting game.

The setting would take place in a generic 1850s+ location with multiple towns, land claims, and wild west life. Part of the game is resource-survival, panning in the rivers and streams, and prospect mining underground. There would be some RPG elements to the game which affect how town folk respond and treat you as well as having a story-based quest system in place. Most of the game would revolve around prospecting for gold and what that gold allows you to do in the wild west. From opening your own saloon, to becoming a merchant to sell wares, or taking all your gold and setting up a town bank.

Positions I'm looking to fill:

- Programmer (Unity or UE)

- Graphic Artist (GUI / Skins)

- 3D Artist (Models)

- 3D Animator / Rigger

- Audio / Musician

I can help out on all of these except animation/rigging so workloads can be shared. I'd like to complete this project to a marketable IP and repay everyone involved. Having lead GameDev teams before, I'm hoping most to find like minded individuals who work well together and everyone involved benefits, with the goal of reward of ownership and reward at the end.

Advertisement
Hi

Good luck finding a team, your background and idea sound good :)

You're in the right place :)

To those who have responded so far both here and in PM, thank you. I'll be getting back to you shortly. Still looking to fill more roles to make this happen however. Also, programmer wise, I'm leaning towards Unity3D.

I have been thinking of almost the same concept for years, inspired by the good ol' DOS game "Lost Dutchman Mine". I played that so much as a kid, and always wanted to re-live that feeling of exploration in the wild west.

HI ! im a sound engineer and musician here is some of my work as sound designer and musician :

Music

https://soundcloud.com/the-maxheadroom-broadcast/master-lp-1

3D sound environment

Sound design

Hi, I am Unity 3D C# programmer and am very interested in this project I would definitely be interested in joining your team you can contact me at jackbeauchamp@shaw.ca thanks in advance sincerely-Jackbeauchamp

Hi!
I'm a boy who likes to produce music. I'm quite new to making music. I mostly like to produce electronic/ EDM/ Retro music.

I've made some tracks, played them for my family and friends and I have gotten positive feedback. If you would like to check them out, here is a link to my SoundCloud profile: soundcloud.com/user-293112480

Enough about me. I saw you needed an musician and thought: "this seems fun! I would love to try it out."

So I would love to join your team.

If you want to contact me, Email me at sandtrooper11@gmail.com

That was all for now.

Thanx for reading.

/Sandtrooper

(some people might allready have seen that I had posted this previously. My reply was deleted so I had to rewrite it.)

I am a C# programmer and have been working in unity for about a year. I'm still learning a few things here and there. I have not worked with a team yet in Unity. I would be interested in joining this team. Contact me at "JaxSoder@gmail.com"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement