🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Have a problem with "Image of a Day".

Started by
18 comments, last by Marat Zahidylin 7 years, 4 months ago

Hi. What does it mean "Your Total Votes: 0" ... this value is equal 0 for a long time. When I press/click on other images - nothing happens. Looks like vote system is broken.

Advertisement

There used to be a feature called Screenshot Showdown where you could vote on which of two images you thought was more interesting. It got removed a while back (the Vote link is still there but it doesn't really go anywhere), but the number of votes cast is still being displayed.

Slightly off-topic: Unless SS gets reinstated, I believe I still reign supreme as the top SS player, with a score of 11112. ;)

There used to be a feature called Screenshot Showdown where you could vote on which of two images you thought was more interesting. It got removed a while back (the Vote link is still there but it doesn't really go anywhere), but the number of votes cast is still being displayed.

Bu if we can't vote - how Top this Week is calculating now?

If we cant vote - why do we need "Image of the day"?

Bu if we can't vote - how Top this Week is calculating now?

To be honest, I have no idea. They're obviously still getting images form somewhere (Twiiter iirc), but I don't know how they're being rated, or even if they are.

If we cant vote - why do we need "Image of the day"?

I believe there are future plans for the IOtD section. It's probably a low priority though.

Hmm.. you don't see the Screenshot Showdown page when you click on Vote?

Admin for GameDev.net.

This is what I see. When I press "Enough talk, lets do it" - nothing happens.

xOreA45.jpg

This is what I see. When I press "Enough talk, lets do it" - nothing happens.

xOreA45.jpg

That's the same page I get if I click on vote, Clicking on the button just refreshes the page.

That's the same page I get if I click on vote, Clicking on the button just refreshes the page.

Hi. Looks like it is broken and we cant vote now.

Been broke for close to a year or more. Or turned off. I think we have a lot of fingers in the pudding around here.

Been broke for close to a year or more. Or turned off. I think we have a lot of fingers in the pudding around here.

Why did they close it? How they calculate image of the day now?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement