🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Have a problem with "Image of a Day".

Started by
18 comments, last by Marat Zahidylin 7 years, 4 months ago
At the time, I assumed server loads. They were also having issues that frequently pushed a 'site down for the moment' screen back then. So, that's my guess. Or a host switch. Don't know. I'm just a user member.
Advertisement

It was working recently, so another change may have broken it. I'll take a look soon.

Admin for GameDev.net.

There used to be a feature called Screenshot Showdown where you could vote on which of two images you thought was more interesting. It got removed a while back (the Vote link is still there but it doesn't really go anywhere), but the number of votes cast is still being displayed.

Bu if we can't vote - how Top this Week is calculating now?

If we cant vote - why do we need "Image of the day"?

Hi. What does it mean "Your Total Votes: 0" ... this value is equal 0 for a long time. When I press/click on other images - nothing happens. Looks like vote system is broken.

Been broke for close to a year or more. Or turned off. I think we have a lot of fingers in the pudding around here.

Works again.

Admin for GameDev.net.

At the time, I assumed server loads. They were also having issues that frequently pushed a 'site down for the moment' screen back then. So, that's my guess. Or a host switch. Don't know. I'm just a user member.

From memory, there were also issues of inappropriate images getting through.

From memory, there were also issues of inappropriate images getting through.

Still a problem. :) Requires moderation.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Works again.

Hi. Thanks. It works now.

Still a problem. Requires moderation.

Hi. It works in my browser.

Hi. It is working but freezing: some times can't load image, or when I selected/voted - page start loading...and loading for ever.

I cant use it. I need to refresh page 10 times before it will show me both images
14wrfwo.jpg

This will take some time to cycle through unless I can get around to fixing the code for it. For reasons I won't explain right now, older IOTD images were deleted from the server. Those images are still being referenced in the database, and the code isn't confirming the file exists - so you get your blank image.

These things will get fixed, but we're in process of upgrading a lot of old cruft that's been rotting and it's going to take time to sort through it all.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This will take some time to cycle through unless I can get around to fixing the code for it. For reasons I won't explain right now, older IOTD images were deleted from the server. Those images are still being referenced in the database, and the code isn't confirming the file exists - so you get your blank image. These things will get fixed, but we're in process of upgrading a lot of old cruft that's been rotting and it's going to take time to sort through it all.

Hi. Thanks for explaining. We will wait patiently.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement