🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Topics I have posted in...

Started by
6 comments, last by Aardvajk 7 years, 4 months ago
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I just wanted to stress - Followed Content link does NOT list topics I have posted in, it just lists two very old topics from years ago I must have manually elected to follow.

I love the new look and feel of the site. It is excellent work. But I used to have a "My Content" link on my avatar menu that gave me a list of forum topics I had posted in, with bold text showing those that had had additional replies made to the topic since I last read it.

Under the new site, there is no such functionality, at least that I can find. The closest I can get is to go to my profile then go to Posts, but that shows my entire post for the topic in question, so a lot of scrolling/next-paging to go through the list and gives me no indication of whether there has been any more activity in the topic since I last looked.

I know the mod I spoke to before couldn't remember the "My Content" feature from the last iteration of the site, but if it would be possible to add back in something similar to the new one, this was my preferred way to keep track of conversations and threads I had posted in and I feel it is a shame it is lacking from what is otherwise an excellent update to the site.

Something similar to "Latest Content" but filtered to only show topics that the current user had posted in would be awesome. Or if when I post in a topic, that automatically adds it to my Followed Content, maybe that is another solution?

Thanks.
Advertisement

I know the mod I spoke to before couldn't remember the "My Content" feature from the last iteration of the site

Have you tried using the Wayback Machine to find an old link to it?

Followed Content literally is the same as My Content. I promise - exact same link, just a different name.

More curious is why you're only getting two items. When I select Followed Content in my profile, I get everything I've posted in or subscribed to.

Admin for GameDev.net.

More curious is why you're only getting two items. When I select Followed Content in my profile, I get everything I've posted in or subscribed to.

When I click it, I get nothing. I never use it, or follow things explicitly, but if it's supposed to be showing me all topics I've posted to, it doesn't work for me either. (I'm talking about the link next to Latest Content, for what it's worth, which is what I think Ardvajk is referring to)

Clicking "Find Content" from my profile takes me to a screen that looks very similar to "Followed Content," but does display my posts. Interestingly, it seems to suffer from some kind of cache effect. It will not show me this post, but it will show me one I made earlier today.

Update:

Go to your profile, hit Edit Profile, go to Notification Settings. On that page, under Topics & Posts, is a small, small piece of text with a potentially misaligned checkbox (mine looks like it floats over "Manage Twitter") that mentions automatically following topics you post to.

It's possible you don't have this set, and need it set? Mine was not set.

Is "activity" in the profile dropdown what you're looking for?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Followed Content literally is the same as My Content. I promise - exact same link, just a different name.

For me, the new Followed Content is thr same as the old Watched Content (threads I've subscribed to), and the new Activity is the same as the old My Content (threads I've posted in).

Maybe there's some per-user option that changes how thr Followed/Watched list works?
In any case, the OP can use Activity in the dropdown to get the old behaviour.

For me, the new Followed Content is thr same as the old Watched Content (threads I've subscribed to), and the new Activity is the same as the old My Content (threads I've posted in).

Maybe there's some per-user option that changes how thr Followed/Watched list works?
In any case, the OP can use Activity in the dropdown to get the old behaviour.

I'll change it to "My Activity". Make it more clear.

Follow/watch is basically the same. The setting Josh found to auto-follow would affect it.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Aha! My Activity is perfect, thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Apologies that I missed this before.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement