🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Custom game assets

Started by
4 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 7 years, 3 months ago

I'm a programmer, who have no skill at game visuals.

I'm looking for 2D basic assets, such as characters and other graphics with specific details. For example, a character that look like a magician for the magician class. I mostly want someone to create those assets I need.

Is there any marketplace in the internet where I can find/request custom sprites/assets required for game development?

Advertisement
This question is not related to game design. Moving it to Visual Arts.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Is there any marketplace in the internet where I can find/request custom sprites/assets required for game development?

http://opengameart.org/ will have what you need to get started.

Some 2D and 3D websites have a request forum, however there is no obligation for any of the forum users to make what you want.

You can form a team with a willing artist, although any obligation they have to make art for the game will reflect your own obligation in developing the game. here on Gamedev is a Hobby Projects section you can try, or just ask around on the net.

The best option would be to hire an artist, this way you will get what you want as long as you can pay for it. Finding professional artist is a bit harder as they don't often check forums for work, there is portfolio sites that you can check to find people and you could use the Jobs section in most forums to find artist.

http://opengameart.org/ will have what you need to get started.

Some 2D and 3D websites have a request forum, however there is no obligation for any of the forum users to make what you want.

You can form a team with a willing artist, although any obligation they have to make art for the game will reflect your own obligation in developing the game. here on Gamedev is a Hobby Projects section you can try, or just ask around on the net.

The best option would be to hire an artist, this way you will get what you want as long as you can pay for it. Finding professional artist is a bit harder as they don't often check forums for work, there is portfolio sites that you can check to find people and you could use the Jobs section in most forums to find artist.

Where I can find artists for hire?

Where I can find artists for hire?

Search "Hire 3D artist" to get websites that host services where you can work with a 3D artist.

Search "3d artist portfolio" and brows around, however because of how search engines work you will only find top 3D modelers who charge a small fortune to make models.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement