🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a group of beginning game designers

Started by
11 comments, last by thiama 7 years, 2 months ago

What's going on guys I'm new to this forum...I am looking for a group of individuals who would be willing to work together on a game idea I have...I am specifically looking for artists, but other programmers and designers could not hurt in the least.

BE WARNED: I am just getting into game design, and am a total beginner. I know quite a bit about programming, and have been around computers and coding quite a bit over the last few years. That being said, I am just now learning the basics of programming for games (specifically in Unity with C#). So needless to say that I am not looking for some massive, unrealistic project, but rather to meet some cool people and produce something that we are all proud of.

If you are interested, shoot me a private message (I am assuming they have those on here) or respond directly to this forum and we can exchange contact information.

Advertisement

Hey the Magi,

I'd like to partner with you as an artist as long as we can communicate via Slack or Skype at least 2 days a week.

I really want to make a side scrolling ship game. However I could make pretty much anything mech. My art is simple, I think you might end up with pretty cool art for just starting off.

https://gyazo.com/20353efb70ac28aea69d300a6fc6cd95

https://gyazo.com/07d30f6487f56ac8e72f4034936d8cbb

I think a fantastic way to start out would be to maybe make a game like Pixel's Guxt, or maybe a shorter version of Locomalito's Hydorah, both of which are scrolling shooter games. The latter is a fantastic side scroller like JGalaxy suggested, and the former is a neat, and a bit shorter upwards scroller by, well Pixel the guy who made Cave Story and Ikachan.

For a while I've been working on this "metroidvania" game, albeit veeery little-by-little, and because of this I thought it would be better to first make a side/upwards scrolling ship game like JGalaxy suggested. Believe me, I've started this before and it's one of the more simple types of games to make, at least according to that short experience I had.

I can help out with art and sound, I'm fairly good with both. Since JGalaxy wants to do art, I'll do the sound and music. I will gladly help any other way I can, including art. If you (TheMagi) don't like the idea of starting off with a scrolling ship game, I'm sure I or JGalaxy can do something else, like he said.

My e-mail is jaydiyee@gmail.com, and I might respond through my Youtube account (which has no videos so far :p) if you put a comment on my channel's discussion page. I don't have notifications turned on for the rest of YT, but I think it will notify me if you put a comment on the discussion page. I'll also try my best to remember to read it.

Good day, fellow game design enthusiasts :D

I forgot to add something, very important. I only want to work on this project for a maximum of say, a little less than 8 months. But after all, it is quite possible to complete a smaller game in that amount of time, I know this from my own experiences. And there's at least 1 game I know that was impressively made in The Games Factory (or maybe it's sister program Multimedia Fusion) in only five months, a "Metroidvania" (which, I forgot to mention earlier, is a non-linear action/platformer game like Metroid and Castlevania, thus the name) called Lyle in Cube Sector. I think the guy who made the game's name is Nic DeStefano.

I'm most likely going to get a Skype, so we can also communicate that way.

Hey the Magi,

I'd like to partner with you as an artist as long as we can communicate via Slack or Skype at least 2 days a week.

I really want to make a side scrolling ship game. However I could make pretty much anything mech. My art is simple, I think you might end up with pretty cool art for just starting off.

https://gyazo.com/20353efb70ac28aea69d300a6fc6cd95

https://gyazo.com/07d30f6487f56ac8e72f4034936d8cbb

Hey I appreciate the reply,

I really like your style I think the art is very well done and could be utilized in a game...I would be happy to communicate via skype, as it is a quick and easy way for us to share information. Do you have contact info where I can reach you?

I forgot to add something, very important. I only want to work on this project for a maximum of say, a little less than 8 months. But after all, it is quite possible to complete a smaller game in that amount of time, I know this from my own experiences. And there's at least 1 game I know that was impressively made in The Games Factory (or maybe it's sister program Multimedia Fusion) in only five months, a "Metroidvania" (which, I forgot to mention earlier, is a non-linear action/platformer game like Metroid and Castlevania, thus the name) called Lyle in Cube Sector. I think the guy who made the game's name is Nic DeStefano.

I'm most likely going to get a Skype, so we can also communicate that way.

I shot you a private message so that we can discuss details further :)

I will read it! Thanks for informing me :)

i was wandering if you could join my dev team we have alot of members in the team and i want to recruit you,were going to try to get our game on steam.If your interested contact me here

skype:AfamGamerHD Discord group:https://discord.gg/RY6S49p

i was wandering if you could join my dev team we have alot of members in the team and i want to recruit you,were going to try to get our game on steam.If your interested contact me here
skype:AfamGamerHD Discord group:https://discord.gg/RY6S49p

Okay awesome...I sent you a contact request on Skype...The discord link is not working for some reason

Me and JGalaxy had a conversation on Skype, just so you know he's back in business

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement