🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Repeatedly loading

Started by
3 comments, last by Lactose 7 years, 3 months ago

The forums are constantly doing something now, which makes the Refresh/Stop button in Chrome flash like mad. Seems like some sort of request or loading is taking place (and finishing immediately) repeatedly.

Text input when typing a response also seems to lag and be affected/lag whenever this occurs.

EDIT: In general, browser performance is definitely compromised because of this site now. Scrolling in another tabs freezes whenever the reload shenanigans occur in a gamedev.net tab.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

I've seen it too.

Disabling laptop's wifi gives lots of errors in crome's developer console. Failed requests to live.sekindo.com, hosting some video ads, was piling up like crazy.

Masking out live.sekindo.com and sekindo.com in 'hosts' (routed those to 127.0.0.1) stopped that madness.

Bit later same issues was observed with other video ads from vast.bp38720011.btrll.com, disabling that host also terminated reloading activity.

Culprit for me seems to be the Amazon Prime Video ad I'm seeing. It's always the chosen ad on the right-hand side, and if I just delete the "boxad" thing, the problem/stutter goes away immediately.

I've disabled the sekindo ads.

The Amazon Prime issue is weird, but you shouldn't be seeing ads anyway.

Admin for GameDev.net.

you shouldn't be seeing ads anyway

True, but we already have both a thread and various online conversations going on that subject :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement