🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What do I use to make Tetris pieces?

Started by
2 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 7 years, 3 months ago

I want to make Tetris pieces, the tetriminos. I know I can download them. I don't want to. I've used Paint.net and Inkscape, made logos and the like. But for games, which would I use? Does it matter?

Advertisement

It doesn't matter, as long as it can export transparent images of some type that your game can use as sprites. I'd probably use Inkscape out of personal preference, but there's no real benefit to doing so since tetris pieces don't have their own animations, nor do you usually need alternate-color versions Gimp would do just as well.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

It doesn't matter, as long as it can export transparent images of some type that your game can use as sprites. I'd probably use Inkscape out of personal preference, but there's no real benefit to doing so since tetris pieces don't have their own animations, nor do you usually need alternate-color versions Gimp would do just as well.

Would Inkscape be better for sprites?

Would Inkscape be better for sprites?

Sprites are sprites, no matter what software you make them with. Use the software you like.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement