🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Feedback on a game'ish Breakbeat/Chill track.

Started by
1 comment, last by Lux96 7 years, 1 month ago

Hi guys,

So I see my thread got deleted so I went searching as to why that happened and I think I understand why. My bad, apolagies.
So if anyone feels like it can I have some feedback on this one.

I myself think it would be fitting for a dark/mysterious futuristic game. It's the feeling this track gives me.
Well, here it is, let me know what you think.

Oh and if I'm still doing the wrong thing by posting this, can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong. :D Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/psaikedeliklux/short-circuit

Advertisement

I could see this working on a puzzle game with sci-fi/high tech visuals. It's a chill, moody piece. I did feel the arrangement could be tweaked to have a bit more evolution to it at times. You have the vocal pad and melody throughout most of the track. I kept waiting for a break down and never found it (at least not in my sampling in various spots of the song).

But I liked the groove and idea!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thank you for your reply, I'm always open to suggestions, so you think there should be a break where both the melody and vocal pad disappear for a while? Not sure I understand what your saying.

I have a small break where the vocal pad goes on and the melody disappears, it also introduces an arp at that moment, for a small variation, but it's more in the beginning of the song at 1:17.

As I said, I'm open for suggestions, just let me know :)

Thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement