🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Opinions/feedback of my song? (RPG, fantasy)

Started by
1 comment, last by Guitar83 7 years, 1 month ago

Okay, at first I have to apology since yesterday I put a topic of finding work here. I was in a bit rush and do admit that I have tendencies to act before reading too much instructions. :blink: That topic lasted for about 30 seconds before it was taken away and now I do have one beeaautiful warning point in my profile. Lesson learned. Sorry for that. :unsure:

Anyway, I am very curious of opinions and ideas since it's actually quite hard to get any.

So here's a song I did yesterday. My goal was to create something that would fit into a JRPG and while doing it, it became clear it would be some kind of village music or such. Song actually has three parts in it, which happened to come together quite nicely. Or that at least is my opinion. But what you guys say?

Advertisement

Sounds great! I'd suggest, it can benefit from humanizing the performance a bit. All instruments feel like they are completely on the grid – perhaps, use a bit of randomization in how they're quantized so that each note is very slightly off. In the same vein of humanizing, varied velocity for each note/phrases may help. Cheers!

Sounds great! I'd suggest, it can benefit from humanizing the performance a bit. All instruments feel like they are completely on the grid – perhaps, use a bit of randomization in how they're quantized so that each note is very slightly off. In the same vein of humanizing, varied velocity for each note/phrases may help. Cheers!

Thank you. Actually most of the instruments are not on the grid, but I might have corrected some elements unnecessarily much. I think the harp is quite on the grid yet strings are annoyingly far from it (to my ears). :rolleyes:

It is really good point and reminder that music should be organic, yet it's really, really hard to leave it to that state at times. I just should remember that perfection comes from imperfection.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement