🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Dialog Box

Started by
1 comment, last by Miraj 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, Maybe someone can help me out with this. Its nothing major or anything just a bit of an annoyance. I have this Dialog Box that pops up in this Win32 program I''m writing. Now under most circumstances it pops up but for some reason if I put a RICHEDIT box on there it stops showing up when I run the program. The odd thing is if I put a static text label on it instead it is fine. So I sort of have two questions. I''m guessing I need to add code somewhere in my DlgProc, but what? Also, how would I specify what the text is in the EDIT box? (Its read-only). -Miraj
-Miraj
Advertisement
Hmmm, well, I don''t have any experience using a rich edit control with the Win32 SDK, only MFC, so I can''t help you there. A rich edit control uses OLE however, so you may need to initialize your OLE libraries before starting the dialog box. (Only a guess).

As far as setting the test for your edit control, just use SetWindowText().
All controls are in the comctl32.dll EXCEPT for the rich-edit control, so that may be your problem. Rich-eedit boxes are just too big and advanced to put them besides the other controls, so......someone decided to put it in it''s own library, called Riched32.dll.

Just call
LoadLibrary("riched32.dll");

and everything should be fine

oh, the OLE-stuff for the rich-edit stuff can be found in richedit.h and richole.h

that should do it....

Dance with me......

http://members.xoom.com/CJdeVos/index.htm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement