🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Open-World Game Idea: CONVOY (Very Long Post)

Started by
12 comments, last by Tom Sloper 6 years, 5 months ago

I think this is an excellent idea for a game.  There are a lot of opportunities that you have created for yourself to have a lot of additional elements beyond what is experienced in GTA, so you have a true foundation from which to create a more dynamic game with more gameplay depth than GTA.  Truckers, biker gangs, and police is a great combination... like traders, pirates, and bounty hunters.  It is a classic dichotomy that has made for many classic games.  I am seeing this as about half-way to a road warrior atmosphere, being an alternate universe 1970's with all of this highway combat.

As additional inspiration you might look at Steve Jackson's Car Wars, a classic of the old board game industry.  Also the better gangster games, the more strategic ones and not the FPS ones.  Aspects of those games might inspire you in this.

I really like it a lot just from a story and content perspective alone, but it really does also add a wide array of tangible things that can make give it much more gameplay depth than GTA.

"I wish that I could live it all again."

Advertisement

I like your ideas. What do you want to do with that? Is your goal to eventually make a workable game? How do you plan to acquire the skills and experience needed? Are you going to start learning by yourself or you want to go to some kind of game school?

Folks, this is a thread that went dormant in June. It's best not to reply to long-dormant discussions. Closing. If Dreadnought Studios (the OP) has more to say on this game idea, let a new thread be started.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement