🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Developer Looking For Project [UNPAID]

Started by
3 comments, last by manyo23 6 years, 12 months ago

I am 19 years old, and a hobby coder currently; I am going to school for computer science (Computer Programming).

I am a C++ developer; and I am also proficient in Java, Python, SQL, XML, etc. My experience to date was mostly developing for World of Warcraft Private servers; mostly core/DB work. That consists of general fixes, as well as client/PC optimizations. I have also done custom patches for servers which essentially is creating an entire new game! I am working on learning the Unreal Engine 4 interface and trying to work that out.

I am looking for any project to sink my teeth into and try and progress. I am open to almost anything, but if you have a survival kind of game that would be great!

I know I may not be the most experienced coder, but I've been coding since i taught myself C++ at the age of 14. I am not a professional, but I am positive I can be an asset to almost any team that would give me the chance,

Please feel free to contact me for more information or regarding a project you'd like me to work on with you. Just so you know, once I start a project I don't 'double dip'. I am solely working on that project and will not be available to pursue any others until that project has concluded.

Contact information:

Email - neroxthegod@gmail.com

Discord: Nero#8820

Advertisement

You would be than welcome to work on Simutrans-Extended, which is an open source C++ game, being a fork from the original Simutrans. It is a transport simulation game with a focus on economic realism. See here for a list of current projects, here for a list of high level design goals and here for the Github page.

Here are some screenshots:

facebook-cover.png

gnr-7ft-single-and-1870s-4wheel-carriage

tram-wires-demonstration-2.png

Do let me know if you are interested, and I can help you to get started. Alternatively, if you have any questions about Simutrans-Extended, I will endeavour to answer them.

I added you on Discord.

On 6/14/2017 at 5:09 AM, Nerox said:

I am 19 years old, and a hobby coder currently; I am going to school for computer science (Computer Programming).

I am a C++ developer; and I am also proficient in Java, Python, SQL, XML, etc. My experience to date was mostly developing for World of Warcraft Private servers; mostly core/DB work. That consists of general fixes, as well as client/PC optimizations. I have also done custom patches for servers which essentially is creating an entire new game! I am working on learning the Unreal Engine 4 interface and trying to work that out. 

I am looking for any project to sink my teeth into and try and progress. I am open to almost anything, but if you have a survival kind of game that would be great! 

I know I may not be the most experienced coder, but I've been coding since i taught myself C++ at the age of 14. I am not a professional, but I am positive I can be an asset to almost any team that would give me the chance,

Please feel free to contact me for more information or regarding a project you'd like me to work on with you. Just so you know, once I start a project I don't 'double dip'. I am solely working on that project and will not be available to pursue any others until that project has concluded. 

Contact information: 

Email - neroxthegod@gmail.com

Discord: Nero#8820

Would you be open to working in London (assuming you have the required skills?)

Front-end web developer

You will be the front end lead that will be building elegant and scalable data-driven web apps to integrate with our back-end stack. You should be able to demonstrate your expertise using appropriate modern technologies.

Skills

• Highly proficient with front-end stacks such as and  HTML5, CSS, Javascript.
  • Demonstrated expertise with multiple JS frameworks such as React, Angular, jQuery.
  • Demonstrated expertise with data visualization frameworks such as D3.js
  • Understanding of designing and integrating web services  (REST).
  • Demonstrated expertise with effective, responsive UX design.
  • Understand of potential website security issues.
  • Write scalable, readable, maintainable code

Abilities
  • Solid experience as a front-end developer
  • Able to work across multiple projects and balance priorities
  • Capable of effectively acting on feedback, quickly and efficiently
  • Willing to learn and utilize new technologies appropriate for particular tasks

manyo23@hotmail.com if interested.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement