🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How I can develop configurators with CopperCube

Started by
1 comment, last by kburkhart84 6 years, 11 months ago

Hi,

I am 3D artist und create 3D configurators like on the following site. At the moment and in the past I have used blender to create the 3D modell. Can I use CopperCube too or is the software not good therefore? thanks.

Advertisement

I'm not sure what the 'configurators' are.  I translate the website to English, and it talks about both pens and what looks like 3d 'walkthroughs' of company products.  I know CopperCube is kind of a 3d game engine, but it can also be used for walkthroughs.  I don't use it though(but I used the irrlicht engine years ago), so I'm not sure how good it would be at it.  I'm understanding that the actual graphics capability of Coppercube is not comparable to more modern renderers, like Unity even, or Unreal Engine 4, so if the goal is realism...it will take lots of work.  Note that this post is based on the assumption that you are wanting software to create 3d walkthroughs or product presentations that work in real-time.  If you are wanting to create the 3d objects themselves, this advice is useless.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement