🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Realistic MMORPG

Started by
7 comments, last by MaxRC 6 years, 11 months ago

Im currently working on a exact realistic replica of real life into game. Im looking for hobbyists or whoever to partake in development of this game. It is a 3d mmorpg that is persistently one universe. 

There will be a US dollar to game money economy. You can get a job. You can run a business. You can do whatever. I'm especially looking for new ideas. I will explain the game engine (secret) once you respond. Please join, need help. This game is being developed in Unreal Engine 4.

Please contact my email truelovewithheather@gmail.com

Advertisement

How exactly are you going to fund this massive undertaking, and why on Earth would someone want to play a simulation of life when they can, you know, just leave the basement and experience it in real life? Plus, why on Earth would a programmer, or anyone for that matter, contribute to your secret UE4 code that is obviously vaporware when they could contribute to one of the dozens of actually functional and freely available libre / open source games?

You're not the first person to come up with this idea. There are good reasons why no one follows through with it.

I'm not sure about funding and what so ever. We can always downgrade.

I suggest you downgrade to something realistic. Like Pong. I'm sure you could do Pong.

23 hours ago, truelovewithheather said:

I'm not sure about funding and what so ever. We can always downgrade.

Realistically, anything "massive multiplayer online" needs an 8 digit number of 1 US$ bills, and a hundred or more developers.

Quick reminder of the forum rules, speaking as moderator: "please restrict your posts to volunteering your services, asking the original poster for more clarification on the position or services they are offering, or similar queries directly related to the project or service being proposed by the original poster. Discussion, unsolicited advice, and critique belong elsewhere in our discussion forums".

yeah, keep it to yourself

How is the game engine a secret if you then state that is being programmed in UE4? Aside from that, this sounds like a very very large scoped project thought of by people not very experienced with actual game development. No offense meant, just advising that this is the farthest from a realistically achievable project as you could have gone

Greetings

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement