🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for 2D artist for Week of Awesome V

Started by
0 comments, last by __Toz__ 6 years, 11 months ago

Hello there!

I'm looking for a 2D artist to join me in the upcoming Week of Awesome V competition here on gamedev.net

Two years ago I had also participated in the Week of Awesome and ended up in 4th place and one of the reasons why I didn't end up higher was because the art in the game was lacking a bit. So I'm hoping to fix this by teaming up with someone else.

Even though the game I submitted for the WoA 3 had 3D models, I plan on using Tiled this year so basically all art will just be 2D sprites.

A possible deal-breaker for you might be that I use my own engine that I want to remain closed source for the time being. So you would probably be working with an executable that at first loads proxy assets that can then be replaced. A nice thing to note though is that my engine can automatically reload any assets if it detects that they have been saved. So any changes made to a tilesheet or texture atlas will immediately show up in the game.

When the competition starts you will of course also have a say in the actual gameplay and theme of the game.

Any price money won will be split 50/50.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement