🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Snowy Artwork?

Started by
3 comments, last by 0r0d 6 years, 10 months ago

Where the sprites prerendered?

like stoneman and mummy and gems and the bear?

Sign, Cyndanera

Advertisement

I would imagine everything there is just animated sprites, even if they were 3D objects at one point.  No point in using 3D geometry in the final game if you're never going to be moving around those objects, or changing the lighting, or anything else like that.

I took a look at the data it was sprites in dds(directx draw surface), but I was wondering if it was pre rendered? if not how would I create one like theses?

Sign, Cyndanera

10 minutes ago, Cyndanera said:

I took a look at the data it was sprites, but I was wondering if it was pre rendered? if not how would I create one like theses?

Not sure about everything there, but at least some are 3D models that have been rendered using something like Maya or whatever modelling program was used to make them.

That's basically all that's needed, just model and animate what you want and do a render/capture for each frame you want.   You'll probably then use something like Photoshop to create textures with an alpha channel to mask out the parts outside the object itself.  Then you just use those textures as your sprite animation.  Nothing really special about it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement