🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[CLOSED] Programmer-type generalist looking for game project

Started by
0 comments, last by Pencil 6 years, 10 months ago

Hey there! I've been a hobby game developer for at least 10 years, presently seeking to transcend hobby status. But the friends are either busy with school or using tech that I don't care for, so here we are! Figure I'll stick my neck out and see what bites before striking out on my own.

Languages of choice are Python, Angelscript, C++. Willing to learn others. My animation skills are weak but good enough for prototyping. Intrigued by AI but I'm no expert.
Have touched many engines, but my favorites are Godot and Urho3D. Willing to pick up almost anything that's FOSS with a stable Linux SDK.

I want an ambitious project, something to potentially pay a living wage. Deferred is fine but I'm very cautious about "equal split rev share". Would much prefer if everyone logs their time.
It should also be something I want to play, which completely rules out mobile games. All-time favorites are: HOMM3, Mount&Blade, Delta Force, Morrowind, Tremulous. Also a casual D&D player. Got some VR hardware as well.

More than anything I wish to find a fellow no-lifer that isn't always making the "busy" excuse. Someone who's got a bit of experience yet always looks to improve. And preferably already has a design doc. Although that's probably asking too much...

Previous games
Countless minesweeper clones, game jams, prototypes... mostly 3D with some network multiplayer here and there.

Education
Trained for CCNA, everything else is self-taught.

Work history
5 years as a tech support slave, 2 as a sys admin with oddball coding projects, dropped to PT contractor so I can have more time.

Availability
Easily the best part. No kids, no life. I can work around *your* schedule. Although I'm very much a morning person. Time zone is UTC -6.

Haven't bothered setting up a portfolio, but I'll send something ad-hoc to anyone that asks. Should probably make one and post it here...
EDIT: Slapped together a portfolio of sorts. 10 games, everything included was done solo (minus some textures)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9dicbwnun657rk/samples.pdf?dl=0

And with that - I am finished. Thanks for reading!

---Found a project. Thanks for the offers!

Advertisement

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement