🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Was there a display name rollback of some kind? - Known issue that I missed an announcement on apparently

Started by
1 comment, last by jbadams 6 years, 7 months ago

I just noticed that my forum name was showing as Talroth, which I hadn't been using here since one of the major site overhauls (Which ever update allowed us to change user names.) Honestly no idea how long that had been showing as such, but going in and manually setting it to Luckless in Account Settings appears to have taken hold. 

I've only been skimming the forums rather infrequently, so really can't say one way or the other if others may have been affected. 

Everything seems to be working fine currently, so hopefully no need for any action on it. Only posting this as a bit of a heads up in case it was a symptom of some larger glitch. 

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Advertisement

It happened during the major update to the current forum software version.  We did briefly announce it at the time, but that would've been easy to miss if you weren't active during those couple of weeks.

For anyone else effected, you can update your display name in your profile settings. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement