🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ultima style Graphics

Started by
8 comments, last by Chris Evans 6 years, 6 months ago

If I wanted to create a game with those kind of graphics but better obviously, what software/engine could I use

Advertisement

Any, almost any engine can support that art style as it is sprite sheets in a iso format. The question should be more about what you want to do with the game and less about what engine would fit the art style. The majors ones support this and so do the lesser major ones.

55 minutes ago, riuthamus said:

Any, almost any engine can support that art style as it is sprite sheets in a iso format. The question should be more about what you want to do with the game and less about what engine would fit the art style. The majors ones support this and so do the lesser major ones.

I want to create my own small sandbox solo game. I want the combat to be like battlerite, where you use WASD keys to move but aim with mouse, or the exiled which is the same

Those are all easily done with either mainstream engine. Pick one, you will be fine!

2 minutes ago, riuthamus said:

Those are all easily done with either mainstream engine. Pick one, you will be fine!

I have downloaded Blender and also Unreal engine, will I be able to make that kinda game with those controls in that, I'm looking at the sprite stuff now 

yes, UE4 has a top down out of the box you can use, adding abilities and skills you will need to look for online tutorials. As for control, orthographic view, thats all there in UE4.

22 minutes ago, riuthamus said:

yes, UE4 has a top down out of the box you can use, adding abilities and skills you will need to look for online tutorials. As for control, orthographic view, thats all there in UE4.

Sorry what do you mean by out of the box, do you mean template? 

Out of the box means, You install unreal, you click the create top down template, and walla! Just like if you purchased something right out of the box it works.

3 minutes ago, riuthamus said:

Out of the box means, You install unreal, you click the create top down template, and walla! Just like if you purchased something right out of the box it works.

Ah, I guess it is advantageous to their model to get people started lol

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement