🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

About AS_MAX_PORTABILITY

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 6 years, 3 months ago

Hi, I've came here with a question about "AS_MAX_PORTABILITY" macro in AngelScript.

I'm aware of that what is it and what is it for but one thing that I could not find out is when you define AS_MAX_PORTABILITY manually and you are gonna use it for multi-platforms like something like asm.js (Emscripten) and arm64 phones and ... Can I use native calling conventions? I mean, I'm going to support consoles (PlayStation, Xbox and such) too, is it safe to still use native calling conventions instead of generic? Should I switch? Should I not?

Advertisement

When defining AS_MAX_PORTABILITY it is precisely the support for native calling conventions that is turned off. When using AS_MAX_PORTABILITY you have to use the generic calling convention (use the autowrapper add-on to avoid having to write all the wrappers manually).

On platforms for which there is currently no support for native calling conventions (like Emscripten and arm64) the AS_MAX_PORTABILITY should be defined automatically (through as_config.h) so you do not need to do it manually.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement