🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help me please :)

Started by
7 comments, last by Rutin 6 years, 3 months ago

Hi all. I´m artist in PartyHead Studio and we did our first game. We are constantly learning and I would like to ask you that you think the artistic section and that could improve. We want to do an update soon and would like to know if there is something wrong or poor quality in the current version.

Game: https://goo.gl/TyfCFY 

Thanks to all, have good weekend.

TEAM FACEBOOK.png

PORTADA MBC INSTAGRAM.png

Artist in PartyHead Studio.

A million dreams are keeping me awake. 

Advertisement
3 hours ago, KEITHART85 said:

would like to know if there is something wrong or poor quality in the current version.

It looks like exactly the kind of art people expect from mobile games, so you are safe. It's good work, so no concerns.

If your looking to improve anything, then maybe for your next game try a more original style. Don't get me wrong, this looks very good. It's just that the vector art style is just a bit overused.

It would be nice to see some new spins on the vector art.

42 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

It looks like exactly the kind of art people expect from mobile games, so you are safe. It's good work, so no concerns.

If your looking to improve anything, then maybe for your next game try a more original style. Don't get me wrong, this looks very good. It's just that the vector art style is just a bit overused.

It would be nice to see some new spins on the vector art.

Hi, thanks for answering. The game design it with Inkscape and using mouse. When I can, I´ll buy a tablet and I´ll use Photoshop to try to get a more professional finish. I love work with vectors but maybe not enought...

SUPER HEROES 1.png

NEW UPDATE.png

FLAT STYLE IMAGE.png

Just now, KEITHART85 said:

and I´ll use Photoshop to try to get a more professional finish.

Photoshop has less tools for vectors than Inkscape, but is a general 2D software and has a bit of everything. Adobe illustrator is more aimed at vector art. 

Chances are you will keep using Inkscape for vector art even after you buy Photoshop; so only buy if you plan on doing other styles of 2D art.

8 minutes ago, KEITHART85 said:

I love work with vectors but maybe not enought...

Like I said, your work is good, already profesional.

Now those killer cards, that is a fantastic style. That is much more interesting. Push the limits of vectors and explore. Just copying the other games won't make your game stand out.

12 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Photoshop has less tools for vectors than Inkscape, but is a general 2D software and has a bit of everything. Adobe illustrator is more aimed at vector art. 

Chances are you will keep using Inkscape for vector art even after you buy Photoshop; so only buy if you plan on doing other styles of 2D art.

Like I said, your work is good, already profesional.

Now those killer cards, that is a fantastic style. That is much more interesting. Push the limits of vectors and explore. Just copying the other games won't make your game stand out.

When i did the art for Medieval Business Clicker didn´t use references, i think is maybe my own style. I go to try others styles for try "be diferent", can be good :). Thanks friend.

Awesome art style guys

6 minutes ago, Craftshop said:

Awesome art style guys

Thanks Craftshop, have good day.

I love your art style. There is no need to 'change' anything. As @Scouting Ninja stated, vector art is indeed over used, but it doesn't mean your art is bad, or not game worthy. There are a lot of people I'm sure that wish they could make graphics like this.  Keep up the great work!

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement