🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I need help making graphics for my game

Started by
3 comments, last by royan 24 years, 5 months ago
I´m working on (planning) a RPG-type game. My problem is that I can´t do any halfdesent graphics on my own. I wonder if anyone out there is interested in helping me making the graphics. (Or if you already have some.) I need lots of peoples,nature,objects, a couple of monsters etc.. If you are interested or wanna know more or anything mail me: roy_nilsson@home.se royan
royan
Advertisement
Sometimes it may be hard to get someone to dedicate so much time that is required to a project that''s just "planning" to be done.

The halfdecent graphics will probably be ok to use for you to get started with the programming. Then when you''ve actually got something that you can show, you''ll probably have a lot easier to get someone to do the graphics because they know that''s it''s much less chance that their work will be wasted (ie the project fails).

Just my 0.02...
OK I´m not just planning something. I´m doing it but I really can´t do all that much before I get some graphics. But I get your point though. the trouble is if I make em on my own it wouldn´t be even half descent. It would be pure crap. (Well it probably wouldn´t be that crappy cause I would take pics from real games (not all that legal but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.))
royan
do a demo or beta(with the crappy{or "stolen"} graphics) and artist will answer ur request faster. all u tell them is the art will be replace with good ones
I''m going to agree with the other posters. I''d say that getting some boring flat graphics in there is fine to get started, than when the engine has progressed nicely and some of the game content is in, then go looking for an artist. What I''ve seen many times, and I''m sure other artists have well, is someone showing up with an idea, but not with anything to really show for it. Getting involved in these kind of projects is 99% of the time a bad idea, as once the others realize what''s involved in it, they drop out. So I''d suggest getting a demo together, with simple graphics and enough of the game in place so that prospective artists can see if they''d want to get involved or not.

-Nick Robalik
http://www.digital-soapbox.com
-Nick "digisoap" RobalikWeb & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Designhttp://www.digital-soapbox.com[email=nick@digital-soapbox.com]nick@digital-soabox.com[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement