🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are you working on?

Started by
31 comments, last by RhinoBladeX2 5 years, 2 months ago

Seems it's been a while since we last did this (possibly before the Projects section existed!) so I'd love to see and read a bit about what everyone has been working on recently!

Include a screenshot or two or video link if possible, and a brief description - always great to see some of the fantastic projects people have on-the-go. :)

Note: in the past when we've done this we sometimes get some very impressive professional games posted, so I just wanted to preemptively invite beginners and those working on smaller projects to also share what you're working on! Happy to hear from everyone, whatever scale you're working at! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement

Not gaming related, but it does involve a canvas object! I'm working on a visual diagram tool for SDN networks. Normally most SDN tools (Azure, NSX, AWSs VPC, Openstack Neutron) require that you use sluggish GUIs to piece together a network topology. I figured I could write a tool that could give a more visual aspect to the designing of ones virtual network similar to what a Network Engineer would use in SolarWinds, or Visio. Going even further, diagrams designed in my tool could be used to deploy networks for several backend apis providing an agnostic interface to the engineer.

The project is still in it's early phases, but so far I got the bedrock of my UI code written (JQuery/AJAX/HTML mostly, 10 years behind the 600 Javascript frameworks, I know :D) and a backend flask server where I'm putting all the python needfuls. So far I got the project to progressively piece together JSON blobs as the user drags/drops the elements from builder UI to construct their network, and, did I mention, LDAP INTEGRATION, oh yes, we got RBAC.

Unfortunately still not _very much_ to show off but my alpha UI, and some purty sprites I modeled up in Blender

wad.thumb.png.0ddaa96c02403eb83ccd6757cc04f12e.pngcable.thumb.png.9c0cf86cd1457eba6c343aec16a3e3f5.pngfirewall.thumb.png.0ccf6ebfe04736e9d4136df5c626bc4e.png

Sounds interesting/useful! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

At work... I'm basically the whole QA team (and programmer; and sysadmin; and database mantainer; and web designer and... ).

Maybe you mean in the would-be-spare time! I'm starting to work on a... well that's the problem, nobody knows what that's supposed to be in the end. For the time being I'm just setting up the demostration with a couple Pis, Omegas and a few Digi Zigbee shields so I guess we can call it some sort of wannabe-smart IoT system. The real goal for the time being is to get to the funding.

I was positively impressed I found (good?) use for some of the junk I've accumulated over the years.

Previously "Krohm"

World domination.

Again.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

I am developing an Oculus Rift game with free roaming mechanics.

I am developing a "nausea free" locomotion system which will enable an open world game shooter game. ( Far Cry X play style ).

Of course, since this is a hobby game, it will all be low poly graphics, and no epic story.

Still the prototype is already really fun to play!

image.thumb.png.16fdca3da376ccc4289b8fa1509fb7d6.png

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

On 10/9/2018 at 2:10 PM, L. Spiro said:

World domination.

You too....damn, this complicates things...

:P

I'm mainly working on this these days:

june22render1.thumb.jpg.89f1fa803dcaa47be9a03ac91c1c6239.jpg

This is a webcomic that will hopefully someday become a game, but right now, I'm mostly focusing on the art side of things.

Note to beginners: the above was not rendered in a game (real time) engine. This was rendered in Arnold.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On 10/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, SillyCow said:

I am developing a "nausea free" locomotion system

I think a lot of VR devs wrestle with that one a bit, I recall @slayemin writing a bit about it at one point!  If you come up with an interesting solution and want to share we'd love to feature an article on it! :)

22 hours ago, deltaKshatriya said:

This is a webcomic

Anything available yet, or still too early?

On 10/10/2018 at 5:10 AM, L. Spiro said:

World domination.

I for one welcome my new L.Spiro overlord.

World domination, and a manga outside of your job must be keeping you pretty busy!

- Jason Astle-Adams

I'm working on wavesim, a tool for simulating acoustics in static meshes. Realistic sounding environments are grossly overlooked, even in the most modern AAA games, where the state of the art is to slap some crude reverb filters into the environment. This tool will take a static scene as an input, perform a physically accurate wave simulation, and synthesize a lattice of digital filters which can be applied back to reproduce accurate acoustic behaviour in realtime. This eliminates the laborious job of having to manually assign reverb filters and yields far better-sounding results.

Currently, I'm working on an algorithm for efficiently decomposing a scene into rectangular domains. Unlike most acoustic wave simulators which typically use Finite Difference methods (FDTD), the algorithm used in this project abuses the well known analytical solution of the wave equation in rectangular domains, enabling error free propagation within the domain. This means the accuracy of the results at worst will be equal to those of an FDTD simulation, and at best be error free.

As great as this sounds, development is slow and I don't really have much to show yet. I think the biggest challenge will be to support domains of different densities, which will allow you to simulate what it would sound like e.g. if you're listening to a sound originating on land while being under water.

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty
On 10/13/2018 at 2:39 PM, jbadams said:

Anything available yet, or still too early?

Just that promo pic :D Hopefully soon I'll have the last of my assets ready for at least an opening sequence. I'm focusing mostly on the art and really taking my time on it, so it's been taking more time than expected. Many have already seen my posts for critique which have some of the assets I'm using.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:39 PM, jbadams said:

I for one welcome my new L.Spiro overlord.

Ugh, too many of us are competing for world domination on GDNet, this is complicating my own plans...

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement