🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D animation pricing

Started by
2 comments, last by Liacart 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi everyone :)

I've been asked to do 3D dental animations, but as I'm not a 3D professional, so I don't really know how to price it.

It's going to be a 30s animation, with teeth, gums (very simple rig), and probably a prothesis, very likely to be rendered with Blender EEVEE. The country is France if that's relevant.
I don't have many more details, but if you need some that I can provide please ask me.

Can some of you give me a rough idea of pricing for it please ?
Thank you :)

Advertisement

Hi,  did you get help with this?

Depends a bit on the quality of the work, since you said you're not a professional.

I'm not sure how it is for France, I'm from Switzerland, which is probably more expensive. As a student I charge 200 CHF (175 Euro) per day. People I know who are fresh out of university charge roughly 400 CHF (350 Euro) per day. 
People who have been in the industry for a while and have experience and a lot of skill charge 800-1'000 CHF (700-875 Euro) per day. 

So you'll have to probably ask yourself how many days you'll need to finish this animation, and then see what your skill level is at. 
Also don't forget this is Swiss salaries. 
If we go by average income, the average salary of a French resident is roughly half of what a Swiss resident makes.  Not sure what that means for pricing.

In the end you have to ask yourself: How much are you worth? Be reasonable about the estimation but don't sell yourself short either. You must have some kind of expectation of how much you should make for such a job. That would be your starting point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement