🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

(Pixel 2D) What am I doing wrong?

Started by
5 comments, last by denoise 5 years, 4 months ago

The game engine i'm using is called Game Maker Studio.

I created a room, I have my sprites, I have my objects and I place them on the grid onto the room. I'm trying to use ports but it doesn't keep the right look.

On image 11 Is how the game is suppose to be viewed, when I turn on ports set to 1920x1080 and the view in room to a smaller equal ratio 480x270 it does zoom in but the pixels are blurry11.thumb.PNG.2fe76766b920eb2ac716e6c17b345413.PNG

The second image is how the game looks after using ports.22.thumb.PNG.2e228201cc727803c1ed816933dac948.PNG

How do I fix this?

Advertisement

That's classic bilinear filtering. You should be able to disable that on GameMaker: Studio settings for each individual platform. Search for "interpolate" in here: https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/001_advanced use/global game settings/html5 tab.html

You want to disable it so that instead of using bilinear filtering it uses nearest-neighbor ("point") filtering.

21 hours ago, Kryzon said:

That's classic bilinear filtering. You should be able to disable that on GameMaker: Studio settings for each individual platform. Search for "interpolate" in here: https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/001_advanced use/global game settings/html5 tab.html

You want to disable it so that instead of using bilinear filtering it uses nearest-neighbor ("point") filtering.

It didn't work, what else could have went wrong?

@#Euphoria just to make sure you're applying it right -> you're disabling it on the same platform tab that you're building for, right?

That link is for the HTML5 platform, but maybe you're building for another.

@Kryzon I went back and disabled it on the correct platform or just all platforms, thank you much appreciated.

this problem is constantly happening in pixel drawings. You must turn off anti-aliasing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement