🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where are we now (DEMO)

Started by
1 comment, last by jbarrios 5 years, 4 months ago

1602576497_VeryRealPoster.png.b1fe78f7536bb3eb05d0df8a5323a4c3.png

General Description: confused and puzzled, you wake up and hear nothing but the quiet wind. You scan the environment around you, only to come to the realization that you're stuck on a floating island. But it's not void of anything, there's a bunch of seemingly random objects and items that are on there with you. Find ways to proceed to the other islands using the items you have and by solving unique puzzles. Along the way, meet other survivors whose fate and actions differ depending on the decisions you make throughout the journey. It's your story, after all.

Main concepts of the game:

• Decision-making: Throughout the game, you, as the player, will be meeting different characters whose actions and fates differ depending on the decisions you make in your playthrough.
  • Puzzles: The game requires thinking, as proceeding from floating island to floating island usually means a puzzle that requires thinking has to be solved.
  • Collections: Throughout your journey, collect journals that unravel the story of the universe (And how everything came to be) piece by piece.

The game's still in development at the moment, but I managed to finish a portion of the game which I now made into a demo, which is available to download on my website.

Here's the game page on the website (Where all of the versions of the demo and the screenshots are) : https://www.primemoversgames.com/where-are-we-now

If the game looks appealing, please don't hesitate to try out the demo for yourself, and maybe even give me feedback :)

Advertisement

Hey badramgad,

I had to a chance to play your demo and I recorded it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fffgK5pGbrc&feature=youtu.be

- I like the mystery that is set up of who the player character is and what's going on with the world

- I like the music

- The writing is good

- My laptop didn't like holding the inventory key and using the mouse at the same time.  I would have rather had the inventory be a toggle

- I had a hard time selecting items, but that may have been my strange laptop.

- I wasn't able to solve the TV puzzle.

- When I walked into the edge of the island I got a jumpy collision effect.

Overall I like it.  I would have liked to keep playing, but I got stuck.  Probably because I'm dumb.  I'm excited to see how this turns out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement