🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ray casting game

Started by
4 comments, last by Tigerman 24 years, 5 months ago
I am a newbie, help me creating a 3d raycasting wolfenstein-like game. Gimme formulas!!
Advertisement
This formula is probably pretty accurate:
ChanceOfCompletingGame = Experience/(GameTypeDifficulty^2)

I would suggest you start with a somewhat simpler game if you are a newbie. There are some good articles on this topic on this website.

Notwen
Notwenwww.xbox.com
quote: Original post by Notwen

This formula is probably pretty accurate:
ChanceOfCompletingGame = Experience/(GameTypeDifficulty^2)

I would suggest you start with a somewhat simpler game if you are a newbie. There are some good articles on this topic on this website.

Notwen

Yeah!
I already made a tic tac toe game!
and its good!
Well i am not planinig to do a game, now, just 3d engine, then the game
Download id Software''s Wolfenstien source code and take a look at it. You should be able to find all the formulas you need in there.

I think the code''s available in the code vault, or via id Software''s FTP site.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Tigerman: don''t make fun! Battleship was the first game project I actually completed (in Pascal, nonetheless). Even had advanced computer AI. =)
Tigerman: don''t make fun! Battleship was the first game project I actually completed (in Pascal, nonetheless). Even had advanced computer AI. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement