🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Duct Tape Development - video series

Started by
0 comments, last by GuyWithBeard 5 years, 4 months ago

Hi guys,

I have been working on my indie game for about half a year now, and I finally summoned the courage to make a video about it. The idea, in the long run, is to turn the game into a commercial product but I want to get the game core loop into a workable state before I start laying out the plan for what the final product is going to look like.

However, working on a game in a vacuum is rarely a good idea so I decided I should start keeping a devlog about the progress. It will allow me to get feedback on my work and also to raise awareness of the project. I will launch the website of the company and project soon at https://www.madrigalgames.com/ and when it goes live I would like to have a few videos already uploaded onto youtube, to make a bigger splash if you will :)

I just finished uploading the first video in a series I call Duct Tape Development and it is now live on YT if you are interested. The idea of the series is simply to record myself implementing a feature or working on a task. I won't be planning these a lot in advance, and instead just kinda roll with it. Hence the name, Duct Tape Development.

As I mention in the video, recording videos and explaining this stuff as I am doing it is all really new for me and I am not super happy with my own vocal performance during the video, but you got to start somewhere, right?

Anyway, I hope this is interesting to some of you, if not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have a nice weekend!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement