🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Herd

Started by
1 comment, last by tifkagh 22 years, 6 months ago
I would like to program an AI that produces behaviour similar to a herd of sheep. Is there anything similar out there that might give me some inspiration?
Advertisement
Hey,

You might want to look for info on ''flocking''.
Flocking is the behaviour that is being displayed by groups of animals (and even humans). For instance the typical behaviour of groups of fish or birds can be simulated by following three easy rules. I''m pretty sure you''ll be able to modify the parameters a little so you get typical sheep-movement.

Success with your program!

Stefan Baert

On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.
On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...
******************************StrategicAllianceOn the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes God.On the day we create intelligence and consciousness, mankind becomes obsolete...******************************
quote: Original post by tifkagh
I would like to program an AI that produces behaviour similar to a herd of sheep. Is there anything similar out there that might give me some inspiration?

This will probably give you some inspiration:

http://www.red3d.com/cwr/boids/index.html

Good luck,

Eric

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement