🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Issue with Borland C++ 4 MSDOS code compiling.

Started by
94 comments, last by UnshavenBastard 5 years ago

Maybe you could reach out to other students in your MS-DOS programming class, or the instructor themselves?

Advertisement
10 minutes ago, Steve_Segreto said:

Maybe you could reach out to other students in your MS-DOS programming class, or the instructor themselves?

They haven’t responded...

here is is a photo of the new error, though.

image.jpg

Do you have any more ideas up your sleeve? Haha...

ok I guess I will just throw away this code. It is completely worthless...

It has way too many errors and there is a very little chance I will ever get it working.

3 hours ago, yaboiryan said:

ok I guess I will just throw away this code. It is completely worthless...

It has way too many errors and there is a very little chance I will ever get it working.

It was a wild ride, I'm sure you learned some things and I feel like you got an understanding of what programming was like in 1993-1994. However … sometimes dead is better :)

28 minutes ago, Steve_Segreto said:

It was a wild ride, I'm sure you learned some things and I feel like you got an understanding of what programming was like in 1993-1994. However … sometimes dead is better :)

I did find a page of documentation, though about the ACK engine, and I am not getting the same errors anymore, but, this time, duplication Linker errors...

I am getting new errors. I switched to the compiler it was supposed to use: Borland C 3.1 (Turbo C 3.1).

image.jpg

I have another book that talks about the ACK engine and it even says Borland 3.1.

image.jpg

https://community.embarcadero.com/article/technical-articles/162-programming/14878-coping-with-fixup-overflow-messages

16 hours ago, Steve_Segreto said:

It... compiles....

IT REALLY WORKS!!!

Thank you a million!

I will mention you on the game website!

(If you want me to)

19 hours ago, Steve_Segreto said:

Ok... It compiles well. Now, I have this error...

It doesn’t matter now. 

I made a game with modern OpenGL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement