🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Issue with Borland C++ 4 MSDOS code compiling.

Started by
94 comments, last by UnshavenBastard 5 years ago

Just moved to XP, and I get no issues except with the Linker(again). 

I do all then32 but module fixing things in settings, and I get a new error.

It is below:

65831F52-A60F-4BB4-9E1E-90A6219C85EC.png

I also moved to virtualbox because VMWare kept crashing. :(

Advertisement

That kind of looks like you need to specify the Large memory model, it's under Options->Project->16-Bit Compiler->Memory Model

Ok. I will check tomorrow. It is quite late here. 

Thank you for your help so far, though.

7 hours ago, Steve_Segreto said:

That kind of looks like you need to specify the Large memory model, it's under Options->Project->16-Bit Compiler->Memory Model

I tried that, and it does not do anything... I get the same error. :(

Did you specify Large for all modules you link to make the EXE? Basically ACK project and FDemo project. I think you also need the dos power pack Borland extension if you don’t have it installed already.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Segreto said:

Did you specify Large for all modules you link to make the EXE? Basically ACK project and FDemo project. I think you also need the dos power pack Borland extension if you don’t have it installed already.

How could I do this? (The modules thing)

Would I have to go and rebuild the Library with the Large memory model?

Yes every .lib and .obj that you built youself needs the same memory model

Ahhhhhhhh ok. That may be the issue... ok I will see what happens. I was building the rest of the library with a Small memory model...

Look at this answer if you get stuck on DGROUP exceeds 64k (https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1261524/all). You might have to switch that huge array to a far pointer

1 hour ago, Steve_Segreto said:

Look at this answer if you get stuck on DGROUP exceeds 64k (https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1261524/all). You might have to switch that huge array to a far pointer

I tried the small memory model, but yet it still is not cooperating. It fixed one of the errors, but another one with the same 64k error popped up...

in other words, I still have 2 errors.

the forum that you sent me was very beneficial, though and I now have a good understanding of the error. I just don’t know what settings/code to change.

Thanks!

However, I am sorry, but I am out of ideas of what I can fix...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement