🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Borland C++ builder problems.

Started by
3 comments, last by s9801758 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi there, I''m doing a borland c++ builder program and when I compile and try to run it says it needs all sorts of DLL''s and BPL''s. I don''t want to use to dll''s. I think they are used for some windows gui shit and so... can this code be included in my own project somehow? Thanks for any help. This is for school project that I have to finish tomorrow (mmm, guess I''m a little late ). Tom Suter (the brother of jaapio) p.s. Please mail me if you don''t think thats rude of me But i need it pretty damn fast. stupid me.
____________________________Mmmm, I''ll have to think of one.
Advertisement
Go to project options and disable anything that has the words dynamic or runtime in the name. Make sure you get the option in the packages tab that says build with runtime packages.
Also, you have to realize that just because you''re using Builder, and it uses the VCL, you are still indirectly using the Windows API, and you still need to link to the windows GUI functions, whether it''s with static libraries or DLLs. By the way, you''re lucky you have a class at school where you can use C++Builder
Hi, thanks for trying to help.
I still got some errors when trying to build with runtime packages. He''s asking for files like inet40.bpi. Does anybody know where I can find these files? I''ve searched my comp. but don''t seem to find them.

Thanks for helping me.

Tom Suter
Do you use any internet/explorer stuff.. inet40.bpi sounds like something coming whith Internet Explorer 4.0, I don''t know thefilethough, just a thought.
Thomas - www.moelhave.dk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement